Sunday, November 13, 2005

More about Murni's Warung in Ubud



Murni's is an institution with a great website, in my view, the best there is on Bali, which I discovered to have been written and designed by an English chap, one Mr Jonathan (and if Mr Jonathan reads this post I very much hope he will drop me a line). It is a bit out of the way unless you are staying at the Tjampuhan, and apt to be overlooked, in favour of newer, flashier places. It is well worth a visit, though, furnished as it is with beautiful South East Asian antiques.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've known Murni for many years. She hooked up with Bill Dalton in the early 1970s when he was working on the first edition of his Indonesia Handbook, now from Moon Publications, a subsidiary of Avalon Travel Publishing in Emeryville, the Bay Area. I've known Dalton since I met him in Singapore in 1979 after my two months in Indonesia.

Murni is a wonderful lady and her place south of Ubud is marvelous.

12:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home