Sunday, November 13, 2005

Nasi campur at Dirty Duck Diner 1, Ubud

Miss K and I ate there. This, out of focus as it is, was my nasi campur. You've got your nasi in the middle with a couple of fried shallots atop. Then prawn crackers, a kind of bean and sprouts and coconut milk thing, a lump of beef from a curry, an egg with some sambal on top, salad, peanuts, satay lilit (seafood) skewered on a bit of lemon grass, a prawn, what was from memory some kind of corn fritter, and some chicken currry. The food was not up to the ambience of the place, but there was nothing to complain about.

Remarkably, this photo is not the only one of the Dirty Duck Diner 1's nasi campur on the web.

2 Comments:

Blogger joyfish said...

Oh my god you are making me feel like quitting my job and going back. That is one beautiful dish of food.

6:21 pm  
Anonymous Wil - WilandWayan'sKitchen said...

I agree with you. I think there is a lot of hype about Dirty Duck... It's good but not quite as good as some of the smaller warungs. Having said that... looking at your photo does make me feel hungry!

10:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home