Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Homestay signs in Penestanan, near Ubud, Bali

Junia is an oldish lady from Dongerah, a place few people have heard of, in Western Australia's bush. We stayed with her in 1991; she was carrying on about Christopher Skase and how bogus his so-called illnesses were, when I advised her that he was already several months dead.

I bumped into her again this time. She has just one room she rents out, while living the life of Riley, as she puts it. I may have this wrong, but I seem to recall that her aged pension from Australia buys her a cook, cleaner, driver and gardener. She teaches English to kids from her neighbourhood. She has been in Bali for 9 years is talking of moving on, to somewhere other than Australia. I thoroughly recommend her room as a place to stay in Ubud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home